About Me

My photo
Albuquerque, NM, United States
I have been weaving Contemporay Fine Art Tapestries for over 20 years, raising a family in the lovely Southwest. I want to show process which usually gets a back seat to product and share the trials and tribulations as well as the joy and excitement of the creation of art out of a bunch of strings. How remarkable!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Happy End of June









Happy End of June!
Time really is a jet plane! Whew.
A lot got done and a lot of fun was had. I'll give you a peek at the new large "Fractured Square " series piece and I hope for a cut off party soon. Only 13" left!!!!
It was my birthday month; I have recently graduat
ed from
birthday week to month for this and the next decade beyond which I will celebrate birthday years. Had my annual all girls birthday pool party and fun and sun all round with plenty of good eats and drinks. And the presents!!!.


My friend and apprentice Ruth presented me with the lovely large orchid in the picture. Two of my older orchids have decided to gift me with new blossoms as well.

My good friend Susan found this "Weave it" to cap off my collection, everything complete and pristine condition. I guess I collect looms, all sizes and shapes and these are so adorable.My husband and daughter got a DVD of the recent" Independent Lens "program called BETWEEN THE FOLDS, a fascinating documentary about Origami, Mathematics and Science. It's a WOW and I highly recommend it. I watched it twice from Netflix and exclaimed , "I must own this!" and I guess they heard me. Thanks to everyone for all their thoughtful gifts






Then I took myself to my local thrift store, I am a frequent shopper there and get office supplies as well as fun stuff so they feel like business excursions, and got a new mask for That collection. Yes I am a collector. This new mask came undressed I added the hat and neck piece when it joined it's fellow masks on the various sides of my loom. One is my alter ego as it keeps my name tag for me and the other holds my glasses and they all make me smile.








I am busy getting ready for my newest opening on Friday July 2cd , preparing inventory and paperwork, buying refreshments etc after having spent a while with my web master putting a calendar on the site so now you can check there for all my upcoming shows, receptions and workshops.
I'm also trying to finish this piece sooooo back to the loom I go

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your birthday Donna!

    The masks are great, such wonderful personalities!

    Pam.

    ReplyDelete

Feng Shui Series- "Blue Water Lotus of the North"

Feng Shui Series- "Blue Water Lotus of the North"
I sold this piece on line immediately upon launching my website!