About Me

My photo
Albuquerque, NM, United States
I have been weaving Contemporay Fine Art Tapestries for over 20 years, raising a family in the lovely Southwest. I want to show process which usually gets a back seat to product and share the trials and tribulations as well as the joy and excitement of the creation of art out of a bunch of strings. How remarkable!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

MAY IS ALMOST OVER AND PROGRESS HAS BEEN MADE!





Yes, May is almost over but much has been accomplished. I think I just might have enough pieces for my July show to look like a show of
new work. Here are the two pieces that were in progress in the last post. The large one is entitled "JEWEL" and is 42"x40" and will be priced at $3,800.00. The other is 14"x 40"and is entitled "AQUEOUS". They are from my new series " Fractured Squares" and for me they represent a bit of that scattered and fractured feeling you get when you are pulled in every direction at once and how to bring all the pieces back together harmoniously, juggling making art, marketing art,and teaching art while the everyday chores get done when you can and the needs of the family get done when they are needed and then don't forget a little R&R ( what's that?) But luckily I love what I do , and my family ( most of the time) and even the mundane chores remind us to breathe. The winds have died down and the heat is on so the pool beckons at the end of the day.



















The orchids were my gift to the studio after I finished the April orders and they've been blooming beautifully all month. The Mum was given to me by my son, I guess because I'm his Mum.

These are two shots of the new piece in progress right now, another "Fractured Square , this time a larger panorama to fit in the space above a headboard in the bedroom. You can see all the ends I still need to sew in soooo Back to the loom I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feng Shui Series- "Blue Water Lotus of the North"

Feng Shui Series- "Blue Water Lotus of the North"
I sold this piece on line immediately upon launching my website!