About Me

My photo
Albuquerque, NM, United States
I have been weaving Contemporay Fine Art Tapestries for over 20 years, raising a family in the lovely Southwest. I want to show process which usually gets a back seat to product and share the trials and tribulations as well as the joy and excitement of the creation of art out of a bunch of strings. How remarkable!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Its the Middle! ( Almost) and it's 2/11/2011!

Thought I'd try a mid month post instead of the clumping together I have been doing with the beginning and the end.
They say bad things come in threes so I hope I am done with all bad things. it started last summer with a copyright infringement problem which is solved with a cease and desisted statement by those involved in selling a way too close "Copy " of one of my designs.
Then came the artic cold here in new Mexico with a burst water pipe in my STUDIO!!!! High levels of adrenaline got yarn and tapestries to safety. My cosy floor rugs became giant sponges and now I'm chilling out on my cold concrete floors. Then 2 days later a break in at my residence. Computers gone! 20 year art jewelry collection 1/2 gone, something must have spooked them. Back door destroyed! YIKES!
Cats and Art are all OK as are we all but with shaken nerves.This was all last week.

But now I'm back to work and behind schedule , getting ready for May and
July Solo Shows . So of course I ran out of warp after these 2 little pieces
 ( 8"x20") were completed .













 I double damascus edged them , braide and looped and put on the poles,
steamed them, photographed them and took them off to the gallery ( Mariposa Gallery) check it out when you are in Albuquerque, it's right here in Nob Hill.These sell rather well , these 2 are $300.00 each.
And here is my Dummy Warp, ready for me to pull the knots through the reed , cut them off on the breast beam side and retie my new chained warp. And no mistakes in measuring!
The winding on went perfectly and I am tied on and ready to start weaving tomorrow. I always let the new warp as well as the new tie on rest a while and I will weave two small pieces to test it out.
be sure to check out the newest recommended reading. They are mostly from my favorite little book series, the Wooden Books. Small size packed with information. Kind of like a TARDIS in Dr who. Enjoy and it's Back to the Loom ( tomorrow)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feng Shui Series- "Blue Water Lotus of the North"

Feng Shui Series- "Blue Water Lotus of the North"
I sold this piece on line immediately upon launching my website!